Added Mar 29, 2012
Oxford, United K...
With some creative pattern outlaying, I managed to get two tops from a beautiful vintage Liberty of London silk fabric. This is a slightly modified JJ, which is a lovely pattern. I initially made the JJ sleeves but found out the puffy sleeves really did not work with the print. After letting it sit for several weeks, I decided to remove the initial sleeves and cut cap sleeves in the fabric. And it works! I am really happy with it.
All the princess and side seams are French seams, and I hand-sewed the rolled hems at the cap sleeves. The fabric was really slippery so I hand-basted every seam before machine-sewing. The buttons are also vintage, my mother’s, and I love how they work so well with the print.
Vintage silk (crepe, I think), 5 buttons (vintage)
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
This week’s new BurdaStyle Videos release is "Sewing a Thread-Chain Belt Loop." Check it out!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.