Added Mar 24, 2012
i had some other sewing plans for today
plans involving chiffon
and some ufo-s lying around tor months
but when i woke up
i remembered this floral printed vintage cotton
that was gifted to me
and then i remembered the burda dress pattern (2/2011)
that i used earlier
and i though it’s a perfect match
i decided not to line the bodice
but to finish hems with bias tape
then, i kind of liked the way it looked half-finished
with bias exposed
so i left it that way, and added some bias tape to the waist and skirt hem
see more pics on my blog mokosha
1.5m vintage cotton, 5-6m black bias tape
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.