Added Jul 10, 2008
San Francisco, C...
I made this for prom, out of some discount fabrics from Joanns. It was my first sewing project, and I used bits and pieces from 3 different authentic vintage patterns to make it. I had a terrible time with the zipper, and ended up just buying a seperate petticoat rather than attaching anything. The middle cummerbund is separate from the rest of the dress. I also made matching bowtie and cummerbund for the boyfriend, but I’ll post those in a different post.
4 yards fabric, one invisible zipper.
Old patterns found in a box.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.