Added Oct 30, 2011
Great Yarmouth, ...
We went to a themed “Murder Mystery evening” and as always with my kids, they decided last minute that they wanted to dress up after all. So I spent a few days making dresses for last night’s event and this is what I came up with:
For the girls I found an empire style dress pattern (not very victorian, I know) and made the first dress with a bit of velvet I still had lying around combined with lace and chiffon, for the 2nd dress I used a piece of satin I found in the remnants bin in the fabric shop together with a bit of taffeta and crepe de chine. My dress worked out cheapest of all, because I discovered some old curtains which I cut up and turned into my version of a Victorian dress. (top part same empire dress pattern and gathered skirt with lace draped over it)
And although we guessed the wrong murderer, we enjoyed the evening very much :-))
velvet, lace, chiffon, satin, crepe, taffeta, old curtains and zips
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.