Added Feb 26, 2011
Since the beginning of winter, I’ve been wanting a long circle plaid skirt. But I couldn’t find any cheap and nice fabric…
And after a while, I wasn’t able to resist anymore and bought that one, even though it was more expensive than what I usually spend on fabrics!
When I cut the skirt, the waist turned out too big, I guess the fabric stretched on the biais… So I gathered it a little at the waist. Actually it’s not too bad : it gives it a little fullness.
I covered a button and made a bridle for it. I love this technique!
Then I wanted to match it with a bolero. But I wasn’t convinced by the patterns I had, so I gave an other shot at that tubic bolero I made once…
I made it too large, so I made some pintucks at the back and experimented these seams upward and downward as I saw once on a shirt… It’s nice, but I think I made them a little too big.
And finally I decided to add ties to hold it at the neck, and now it looks like a little cape!
Fabric, button, tread, zipper.
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.