Added Dec 1, 2011
Raleigh, North C...
I used a crepe fabric I got off of ebay – a bit stiffer for this pattern than I wanted, but it still turned out well enough. I did not make the belt, but added a snap to the front on the peplum to keep it closed better. I used quite a lot of buttons (sewed 1 inch apart) because things have a tendency to gape open at my chest and I wanted to try to avoid that. I also added 1 inch to the bodice.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.