Added Feb 14, 2011
I made my husband a red corduroy shirt for Valentines Day (blog here www.chrissyweeks,com) and had some fabric left over so I made my daughter a little tunic dress for Valentine’s Day as well.
I was inspired by many of the projects in Meg McElwee’s book “Sew Liberated” and used the child’s tunic pattern as the basis for this project. I skipped the elastic at the arms and the back and added 5 inches making it closer to a dress than a shirt. I used the birds from her applique templates and the idea for the feet was from her as well.
My daughter was in a mood this morning and I did not get as good a picture as i was hoping.
Red pinwale Corduroy, scrap valentine fabric, buttons, bias tape
Tour a European city in these tailored classics in shades of camel and merlot.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.