Added Jun 13, 2014
New shorts in my wardrobe! This time I tried a pattern #123 from Burda 06/2014.. I liked the challenge of making this cute button closure (and trying something new).. Also on photos it looked like it is high-waisted, so it was a reason more to give it a try.. I used stretch denim with print for shorts.. It was easy and fun to sew.. The fit is good, and I’ll probably make another version with scallops around the buttons..
The top is also made by me.. Last year I had an experiment using one Burda top pattern #107, 09/2008 .. I wanted to see how many different garments I can make with that basic pattern.. I had ideas only for three (Black Balloon top and Atlantis To Interzone dress), but maybe in future I’ll figure out something new.. The back with buttons on my top was inspired by Deer&Doe’s Datura top .. I redrafted Burda’s top pattern to have the back I wanted, and to that I added high-low hemline.. Fabric I used is rayon, remnant bin find, less than 1m of length..
- Behind the camera