Added Nov 7, 2013
I made these dresses a couple of years ago. Although they were made from the same pattern, I think they have a very different feel. The main change I made to the pattern, was to tweak the front and back bottom pannels to fit my hips.
The black dress was made from repurposed fabric from an old gown that was once deeply loved, but just wasn’t my style anymore. So instead of leaving it to rot in the back of my closet, I decided to chop it up and give it a new life. It’s made from a heavy satin. I had a very limited amount of fabric to work with so I had to shorten the skirt. I changed the neckline by reducing the straps and trimming it with a black and white vichy cotton bias tape, that closes on the shoulders with a bow.
For the second dress, I used a heavy army-green satin, trimmed with a wide lace at the neckline, front and back.
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.