Added Oct 31, 2010
Dalhart, Texas, ...
I used BWOF 1/2010 pattern #141 and the collar from Pattern #140.
The capes were for my twin nieces to use for Haloween to go as Sweet Vampires.
I added sash from a dress as the ties, I had inserted regular ribbon and decided I did not like it so it went. I added silver stitching all the way around just for the fun of it. The original pattern was about 8" longer but I did not have enough black fabric to do them that long so I altered the pattern to accommodate. They really are quite comfy even if you are an adult wearing a child’s size.
cotton and silk dress sash ribbon
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.