Added Mar 27, 2010
This is a top I made very recently from some turquoise silk. I made it based on a Vogue DKNY pattern (#1120). It’s got princess seams, panels in the back, and (obviously) lots of pleats. The pattern was for a dress with ties that are sewn in from the back panels, and with sleeves that are made from doubled material. My modifications were to shorten it into a top, leave out the ties, and make the sleeves with a single layer of material only as I hadn’t bought enough for 2 layers.
turquoise silk, purchased at tessuti
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.