Added Nov 16, 2010
London, United K...
Another installment from my Marilyn pattern variation series; a cross between Thai fish pants, serouel and tailored trousers. Easy pull on and off without button nor zipper. I only walked 500 metres wearing them so I won’t garantee they will sit neatly in place around the waist. I will sew snap fasteners inside the pleat to add extra ‘security’ (the pants down business). Anyway, they won’t go any further my hips unless someone pulls real hard!. I tried to figured out how Anne Valrie Hash trousers were constructed from a picture found in a magazine (Grazia, February 2010). I started with the template I previously used for Triptych 1/3 (Drape Drape 1- pattern 1). While completing the garment, Burdamagazine published an interesting pattern: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/082010-trousers-with-front-pleat, which construction is cunning. It could have spared me some time in the making. I am planning to adjust my pattern accordingly: for instance widening the legs. Also, the waist curve might scoop too much, and it is also slightly too high. The side pockets are too narrow to slip my hand-room for improvement! In my opinion, the whole garment could gain sophistication if the pleat section was only wrapping the hip rather than ‘diving’ along the leg. I will further my adjustments using heavy duty corduroy this time and cut oversized button holes at waist level to accommodate a belt. I like manageable and sturdy fabric. This gabardine creases like hell and this colour is really unpractical (stain magnet). The first picture might be blurry but I couldn’t face going through another ironing endeavour nor another self timer/ tripod photo-shoot session….gggrrrrrhhh! Gabardine has obviously put my patience to the test!