Added Jul 21, 2008
My fabric stash was decreasing so I was trying to figure out what to do. I was wondering if I should try altering a pattern here and then this challenge came up. Here’s my entry.
For the bodice I used the Anda top part and changed the neckline. From there I just did my best to fit it to my body. I did gathers between the bodice and the, sewn in, belt as that was part of the Anda look. I kept the sleeves as they were, just made the holes a bit smaller.
For the skirt I used it as it was, just lengthened it. In the front I used pleats and in the back gathering. For the neck- and sleeve lines I used ribbons which made the neckline a bit stiff. I put a zipper in the side since the belt is fitted to my body.
Striped fabric (don’t know which material, but it was cheap!), cotton ribbon, invisible zipper.
Plan a weekend getaway in these sweater dresses and furry accessories.
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.