Added Jun 14, 2011
I made this using the Burda 3/4 length sleeve jacket pattern, and a scrap of vintage 1970s interior fabric I found at a thrift store. I lined it with a nice soft orange fabric.
At the time that I originally purchased this pattern (4 weeks ago) I had been watching the entire series of the show “Life On Mars” and was incredibly inspired by the 1970s fashion. So, that probably influenced my fabric choices quite a bit.
This pattern was really hard. I had a hard time understanding how the pattern pieced fit together, but eventually got the hang of it after about two weeks working on it. The only thing I changed on the original pattern was the snaps. I didn’t really see the point for the look I was going for.
Also, the jacket is very very wrinkly in the photos. Its much nicer when it’s all pressed (as in the last photo). It has almost a swing style fit (I must have cut the size much too largel). But it still works overall.
I think if I tried this pattern again I would definitely use a much lighter weight fabric (the fabric I chose is very stiff and thick) and cut it in a smaller size so I’m not overwhelmed by jacket.
More on my blog