Added Jun 2, 2013
I couldn’t resist the fabric even though it looks like it was pink when you’re not looking closely. There are actually tiny red dots on a white ground.
I used the sencha pattern by colette patterns. It’s the keyhole + bow variaton, but I got rid of the bow. I’m not a bow girl. Some bias binding on the bottom edge, done :)
I love the big red buttons! And the hand sewing that was involved was worth it.
Next time I’d use a smaller size since i had to take it in quite a bit.
cotton fabric, bias binding, ig red buttons, some fusible interfacing
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.