THE SLEEVELESS RUFFLE TOP
Added Dec 19, 2011
Los Angeles, Cal...
1. Cut about a 5" slit at the center front neck. Then cut the front and back together from the front with the shirt laid flat, following the armhole shape about 1/2" away from the armhole seam, as in the picture.
2. Turn the garment to the back and lay flat. Recut the back armhole deeper into the uppecenter back so it has more of a racer back shape to give it a sexier l
3. Take the sleeves and cut into 2" strips as in picture.
4. You will have a little of fabric scraps left over which you can throw out.
5. Take the strips cut from sleeves and connect them into a long piece by sewing them together. You can overlap the strips and stitch down or stitch with 1/8" seam allowance. Sew whichever way is more convenient and easy for you.
6. Take the long strip you sewed together and stitch a very loose basting stitch at center of strip. Then pull the thread from one end and shirr the whole strip to make ruffles.
7,8. Take the ruffled strip and pin around neck and armhole as in the picture.
9. Turn the shirt inside out and sew the ruffle down to the shirt so you can see where you are sewing better.
10. Finish sewing the ruffles and lastly as an option sew a drawstring using left over fabric or ribbon to the front neck opening.
You are done! Have fun wearing your new creation!