Added Aug 9, 2011
This is my second try with the jenny pattern, which I did using a cabardine fabric with a little stretch. This skirt feels much more comfortable than my first one, and it has a far better fit.
The rose was made of satin ribbon, simply by wrapping it around itself and sewing it, and attaching a safety pin on the back.
The top is made using the amanda original pattern, but I didn’t use cord to the bottom of it. I should have made it a little bit narrower though.
The skirt is made of cabardine with 5% elastic, and the top with a beautiful men’s shirting fabric (100% cotton, I’ m guessing, but soft and light), which I got from a men’s shirting factory (it was a remnant, so I didn’ t pay anything for it-yei!).
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.