Added Aug 9, 2011
This is my second try with the jenny pattern, which I did using a cabardine fabric with a little stretch. This skirt feels much more comfortable than my first one, and it has a far better fit.
The rose was made of satin ribbon, simply by wrapping it around itself and sewing it, and attaching a safety pin on the back.
The top is made using the amanda original pattern, but I didn’t use cord to the bottom of it. I should have made it a little bit narrower though.
The skirt is made of cabardine with 5% elastic, and the top with a beautiful men’s shirting fabric (100% cotton, I’ m guessing, but soft and light), which I got from a men’s shirting factory (it was a remnant, so I didn’ t pay anything for it-yei!).
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.