Added Aug 9, 2011
This is my second try with the jenny pattern, which I did using a cabardine fabric with a little stretch. This skirt feels much more comfortable than my first one, and it has a far better fit.
The rose was made of satin ribbon, simply by wrapping it around itself and sewing it, and attaching a safety pin on the back.
The top is made using the amanda original pattern, but I didn’t use cord to the bottom of it. I should have made it a little bit narrower though.
The skirt is made of cabardine with 5% elastic, and the top with a beautiful men’s shirting fabric (100% cotton, I’ m guessing, but soft and light), which I got from a men’s shirting factory (it was a remnant, so I didn’ t pay anything for it-yei!).
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See what pattern Meg is "mashing up" and see how you can easily sew along too!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.