Added Aug 9, 2011
This is my second try with the jenny pattern, which I did using a cabardine fabric with a little stretch. This skirt feels much more comfortable than my first one, and it has a far better fit.
The rose was made of satin ribbon, simply by wrapping it around itself and sewing it, and attaching a safety pin on the back.
The top is made using the amanda original pattern, but I didn’t use cord to the bottom of it. I should have made it a little bit narrower though.
The skirt is made of cabardine with 5% elastic, and the top with a beautiful men’s shirting fabric (100% cotton, I’ m guessing, but soft and light), which I got from a men’s shirting factory (it was a remnant, so I didn’ t pay anything for it-yei!).
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.