Added Aug 9, 2011
This is my second try with the jenny pattern, which I did using a cabardine fabric with a little stretch. This skirt feels much more comfortable than my first one, and it has a far better fit.
The rose was made of satin ribbon, simply by wrapping it around itself and sewing it, and attaching a safety pin on the back.
The top is made using the amanda original pattern, but I didn’t use cord to the bottom of it. I should have made it a little bit narrower though.
The skirt is made of cabardine with 5% elastic, and the top with a beautiful men’s shirting fabric (100% cotton, I’ m guessing, but soft and light), which I got from a men’s shirting factory (it was a remnant, so I didn’ t pay anything for it-yei!).
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.