The Phoenix Lily
Added May 30, 2013
I originally intended this eyelet fabric to be spun into a 1950’s full skirted dress… but half way through I realised I just didn’t like the style of the dress on me (even though I made a muslin… gah!!). Thankfully, that dress was SUCH a fabric hog, I still had enough to deconstruct and made another dress from.
That dress was the Colette Lily – which I absolutely love now that it’s complete! The eyelet cotton fabric was quite eyelet-y, so I underlined it in a pale blue silk to match, as well as underlined it in silk organza to give some body to the body-less eyelet and lightweight silk underlining. Then, because I had fabric to match lying around, I lined it too.
I left off the pocket flats the pattern calls for because I wanted to wear it with a matching belt instead… but otherwise, I’m now waiting for the southern hemisphere’s winter to pass so I can wear this again! It’s too cold now…
Eitherway, this is a seriously rockin’ pattern and so easy to fit because it’s princess seams all over! I would highly recommend it :)
More pictures and what not here:
Cotton eyelet, silk organza, silk crepe and silk charmeuse.