Added Jun 16, 2012
Kiryat Bialik, I...
1. Make ties: fold each strip lengthwise, right sides facing. Sew.
Turn tube inside-out. Press so that the seam is centered.
2. Sew shoulders (Mine was 10cm each, and the opening for the neck was 27cm).
After slipping it on I decided to round the neck opening a bit (the sketch does not show it).
3. Measure your underarm opening (mine was 20cm). Pin.
Sew from the underarm, down to the widest point.
4. Insert ties: place them at the widest point (the long edge of the tie facing the inside of the dress). Pin.
Pin also the bottom point, at the hem. and pin as well.
Sew from the widest point, going back and forth over the ties, until your next pin.
Do the same for both sides.
5. Finish arm openings, neck opening and hem.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.