Added Jun 16, 2012
Kiryat Bialik, I...
1. Make ties: fold each strip lengthwise, right sides facing. Sew.
Turn tube inside-out. Press so that the seam is centered.
2. Sew shoulders (Mine was 10cm each, and the opening for the neck was 27cm).
After slipping it on I decided to round the neck opening a bit (the sketch does not show it).
3. Measure your underarm opening (mine was 20cm). Pin.
Sew from the underarm, down to the widest point.
4. Insert ties: place them at the widest point (the long edge of the tie facing the inside of the dress). Pin.
Pin also the bottom point, at the hem. and pin as well.
Sew from the widest point, going back and forth over the ties, until your next pin.
Do the same for both sides.
5. Finish arm openings, neck opening and hem.
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.