Added Jun 16, 2012
Kiryat Bialik, I...
1. Make ties: fold each strip lengthwise, right sides facing. Sew.
Turn tube inside-out. Press so that the seam is centered.
2. Sew shoulders (Mine was 10cm each, and the opening for the neck was 27cm).
After slipping it on I decided to round the neck opening a bit (the sketch does not show it).
3. Measure your underarm opening (mine was 20cm). Pin.
Sew from the underarm, down to the widest point.
4. Insert ties: place them at the widest point (the long edge of the tie facing the inside of the dress). Pin.
Pin also the bottom point, at the hem. and pin as well.
Sew from the widest point, going back and forth over the ties, until your next pin.
Do the same for both sides.
5. Finish arm openings, neck opening and hem.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.