Added May 16, 2014
♫ ♪ The Look
After sewing this dress I made a decision always to make Burda patterns in size 34.. Size 36 is not a good fit for me.. Usually, when the size 36 was the smallest, I would use it, because I was lazy to size it down.. With this dress it was a big mistake, as you can see on photos.. Anyways I love this dress.. It was stepping out of my comfort zone.. One of my first versions of sheath dress.. The pattern is #112 from Burda 09/2009 .. I changed the length of the sleeves from short to long.. Also, the hemline is shorter, but that’s the case with all my dresses.. I followed the instructions and sewed the metal zipper and even placed the shoulder pads.. I agree that without them the shoulders wouldn’t look good (ignore the fact that I had some problems with sewing sleeves to the bodice)..
The fabric is my favorite thing.. It’s cotton with a bit of elastic.. Although the print is blurry, you can see that beside polka-dots there are tea cups, tea pots, tea bags, cupcakes, tea biscuits.. Perfect fabric for a tea lover, whose real name is Tea :D
The dress is a bit messy, and a size larger, but wearable.. All that space in bodice gives me more movement.. I can easily walk our dog, in high heels, on stone pavement (for a couple of meters, high heels and Smoki are not a good combination)..
- Behind the camera