The linen sheath
Added Jul 22, 2012
ok, I think I’ve found my sewing niche with this linen dress and leggings. They seem to be the two things I am able to make without dramatic incident and holes in the ozone layer. I made this dress this past week out of black linen. It is an exact copy of one I made a couple of weeks ago from this awesome fabric of white linen with a navy squiggly design on it.
Some elements of which I am especially proud:
- The fully faced armholes and neckline
- The back vent. On the first dress, I didn’t stitch horizontally so we had a slight wardrobe malfunction when a took a step that was a bit longer than is ladylike and the seam split a bit
- The invisible zipper (wondering if there is somewhere I can get a job just putting invisible zippers into garments all day long. It was cool because there’s this special foot with grooves in it that I got to use. (coolness!!)
Very, VERY happy with this dress. Planning to make one or two more. then maybe I’ll try a variation on the neckline and clutches pearls sleeves…..
Wish me luck!
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Garment Type
- Business, Classic, Evening Wear, Preppy
- Cotton, Blends, Denim, Knits/Jersey, Linen, Polyester, Rayon, Satin, Silk, Suiting, Wool