Added Aug 24, 2011
This is the fourth dress I’ve ever made and the first one I hope I can share without too much mortification. I made a few changes to the original pattern:
1) A-line skirt
2) gathered rectangle to add length (added after finishing the dress because it didn’t look right without it)
3) Cut out back with buttons
4) Lower neckline, no sleeves, bias tape (in addition to lining)
5) Additional darts for a better fit
6) That crinkly-looking bias tape is tied around my waist for lack of a belt…ahem.
This is such a fun pattern and I loved sewing this dress, but there’s a huge ‘but’ to this: The fabric, it slays me. I think dying it permanently damaged the fibres or something? Whatever it is, I can press the living daylights out of this dress and it will always look like I just pulled it out of the back of my wardrobe :)
Ikea fabric (cotton, dyed dark green), red bias tape, red zipper, two buttons
Enter the code EARLYBLACKFRIDAY at checkout to save
Pattern of the Week
Seams divide the front for a detail minimalists will love! (This pattern is also a part of our sale)
We have marked down 50 sewing pattern to $2.99 only until Monday, so hurry!
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.