Added Aug 24, 2011
This is the fourth dress I’ve ever made and the first one I hope I can share without too much mortification. I made a few changes to the original pattern:
1) A-line skirt
2) gathered rectangle to add length (added after finishing the dress because it didn’t look right without it)
3) Cut out back with buttons
4) Lower neckline, no sleeves, bias tape (in addition to lining)
5) Additional darts for a better fit
6) That crinkly-looking bias tape is tied around my waist for lack of a belt…ahem.
This is such a fun pattern and I loved sewing this dress, but there’s a huge ‘but’ to this: The fabric, it slays me. I think dying it permanently damaged the fibres or something? Whatever it is, I can press the living daylights out of this dress and it will always look like I just pulled it out of the back of my wardrobe :)
Ikea fabric (cotton, dyed dark green), red bias tape, red zipper, two buttons
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by this lovely coral dress with ties and bows!
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
Join the summer party this season and make one these colorful styles!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.