Added Sep 25, 2012
I used the Gathered Blouse 07/2012 #116 pattern for this top. When I tested the fit with my muslin I decided to take it in a few inches and taper it outwards towards the bottom. After doing that, however, I now think that I should have not taken it in as much as I did. I should have also taken in the top of the blouse to balance the fit. I really like the pattern though and have some beautiful Thai silk that would really work well for my next attempt.
I think the fabric is polyester.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.