Added Mar 20, 2010
This was actually a muslin I made up in some cheap jersey fabric (1.5m for $1 at the thrift store!) before attempting the Danielle pattern in satin for my “Run to the Hills” project.
I’ve found lately that if I make something according to my measurements on the size chart, it usually tends to be way too big. So I thought I’d try making it a 36 despite fitting measurements of a 38. I also raised the neckline about 2 inches so my bra wouldn’t show and altered the sleeves so they weren’t poofy – and it turned out great!
It’s a really nice casual dress that I can wear to work or just for bombing around town on the weekends. Since the fabric was $1, and the pattern was free, I’d say this is a frugal creation!!! :-)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.