Added Sep 7, 2013
Dress is based on the pattern from 08/2013, model 116. The fabric is a bit heavy cotton. I did quite a few alternations to the orginal pattern: pleats are turnded into optosit direction, top, back and front peace is done from one peace, not two as suggested, and of couse, pockets. I love them, and now, when I learned how to do them, I try to do them on every garment I do. And yes, I left front darts open (is this even the right word, I dont have a clue….hmmm…). The zipper is not as good as it could be… I simply dont know how to do it… or my invisible zipper foot is not really ok…
On the end of the day, I like my new dress :)
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.