Added Nov 27, 2012
Finally, just in time for Halloween, I finished the Elizabethan Gown.
The gown itself was made of a suiting fabric that looked and felt like a lightweight wool. It had a very full skirt (with boxed and hanging pleats) and an 8ft train. It was boned and laced closed at the front and the lacing covered with a plastron which hooked across the front and featured a beaded “necklace” detailing.
It was a race at the end to get it all done in time but so utterly worth it on the night.
This was one of the most interesting, frustrating and ultimately rewarding projects I have made and to wear it feels amazing, I can see how people get hooked on Tudor costuming!
The whole project can be seen at http://makesmemine.blogspot.co.uk/p/elizabethan-costume.html
Wool, cotton, taffeta. drill, coutil, eyelets, corset bones, laces, beads
BurdaStyle Project of the Week
Meg made this edgy variation of the Open Back Dress!
Pattern of the Week
This fitted jacket will keep you warm and stylish on those cool summer nights!
Dive back into 1956 with this stylish two in one pant suit pattern!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.