Added Nov 27, 2012
Finally, just in time for Halloween, I finished the Elizabethan Gown.
The gown itself was made of a suiting fabric that looked and felt like a lightweight wool. It had a very full skirt (with boxed and hanging pleats) and an 8ft train. It was boned and laced closed at the front and the lacing covered with a plastron which hooked across the front and featured a beaded “necklace” detailing.
It was a race at the end to get it all done in time but so utterly worth it on the night.
This was one of the most interesting, frustrating and ultimately rewarding projects I have made and to wear it feels amazing, I can see how people get hooked on Tudor costuming!
The whole project can be seen at http://makesmemine.blogspot.co.uk/p/elizabethan-costume.html
Wool, cotton, taffeta. drill, coutil, eyelets, corset bones, laces, beads
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.