Added Feb 2, 2012
I used Burdastyles Danielle # 9306 for the base and made a few alterations, such as lengthening the skirt and widening it too, so I could add a few pleats to the front and back panels.
I also added extra width to the bust, So that I could add some darling little pin tucks to the front.
The fabric started it’s life as 3 large curtain panels that I found a Vinnie’s (a Thrift Store) about a year back for a mere $5. They were perfect for my bedroom, but for some reason they never got hung and now, well, I suppose its a little late for that! It appears to be a synthetic Shantung? Its quite stiff, and a little scratchy so I lined it in white cotton, the same cotton the curtains were backed with originally (Thrifty, Thrifty!).
Read about my Austen Adventure at Molly-Made
Sewing & Techniques
Watch this free tutorial on how transform your basic skirt pattern into a flowy A-line silhouette!
Pattern of the Week
Turn down this jacket’s deep shawl collar for the illusion of a coat that slips off the shoulder!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.