Added Jul 22, 2012
Yeah, this one didn’t quite work out as I thought it would. Looks “kinda ok” hanging on Alice, our dress form. But look like some sort of crazy clown suit when I tried it on. This was my second attempt at this. The first time, I used the leggings pattern for the bottom and two big squares for the top (yes, freestyling w/o an actual pattern again…).
I hadn’t given any thought to the differences between stretch and non-stretch fabrics, so the pants were way tight. I ended up adding 2" inserts down the side with a complimentary fabric. I was also so excited to be making something that I forgot to leave enough room for the casing at the top (hence the purple fabric at the top.
It still fits a little crazy, but my husband promised to work with me to make it wearable. We’ll see.
Egyptian Cotton, 2-1/2" elastic, 1/2" elastic
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.