Added Jan 29, 2012
I used two different Simplicity patterns. One for the cowl, and one for the sleeves. I figured if most of the designs are based off the same block the sleeves can’t have much difference. I did a measurement of the armhole and the sleeve cap and was quite right! There was really only about an inch difference which was easy to gather and ease into the cap. It gave me some more wiggle room in the shoulders. I also added an inch of width to the arms, cause well, all that wood chopping as a teenager. The main blouse was from Simplicity 2345, view A. And the sleeve from Simplicity 2181 view B. Since the blouse was drafted for a 1.5 inch ease in the bust I had to add 4 inches total.
More detail on my blog
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.