The Bedsheet Hawthorn

Added Aug 8, 2013

by rachp

Halifax, United ...

Missing

Views

502

Hawthorne_bedsheet_2_large

Description

I always like to make up a pattern first time in an inexpensive fabric, so this is made from a thrifted duvet cover. It is a Colette Patterns Hawthorn. I used buttons I had in my stash (which may well have come from my grandmother’s stash), so the total cost of the project was around £3.00 (not counting the pattern, which I won’t as I am sure I will use it many more times). I was not sure when I started that this print would translate into something I actually wanted to wear, but as it turns out I really love it.
The pattern is great – goes together easily, with lovely clear instructions.
But I maybe should have ironed it before taking pictures!

see more on my blog: www.rachsews.wordpress.com

Difficulty

Intermediate

Categories

For
Women
Garment Type
Dress

2 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Picture_351_large

    Aug 11, 2013, 08.05 AMby cathysews

    Hi…I love it. I’m a bit like you, make the dress then alter.

    1 Reply
    • Missing

      Aug 12, 2013, 01.02 PMby rachp

      Thanks. I’m just about to tackle a vintage pattern, which I need to grade before it will fit, so I might make an actual muslin for that one!

  • Tana_lawn_picture_large

    Aug 8, 2013, 05.16 PMby clarekitten

    Fantastic dress!… Super use of bed linen and always good to make wearable muslins where possible. :-)

    1 Reply
    • Missing

      Aug 8, 2013, 07.19 PMby rachp

      Thank you – I think of this as a wearable muslin, but I don’t do any of the things you are meant to do with a muslin – marking alterations and so on – as i am a bit of a lazy sewista; I just make it up straight from pattern and then try to work out any alterations on the fly for the next version!

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 2 people added it

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/the-bedsheet-hawthorn