Added Sep 7, 2010
I have been feeling a weirdly not creative for two or three days. The best way to get out of that, for me, was to use a TNT pattern, and a fabric that I love! Do you remember this dress? I made it for a wedding. I have decided to use the skirt pattern. It comes from the spring/summer Ottobre magazine. Although, I have made a few changes…
- I have cut an extra belt, and interfaced it. The skirt looks way neater that way, I think.
- There is also a full underskirt, basically, 2 big rectangles pleated at the belt.
- I used french seams for the underskirt, it was my first time.
- There is an invisible zipper on the side
- I have done my best at an invisible seam, but, as the fabric is too thick and as I pressed it, you can see it a little from the outside…
I feel like Laura Ingalls in that skirt, I just want to bow all the time while pulling the sides like a princess. It is so so playful!
For the progress on the skirt, anecdotes, and other posts coming from my weird brain, click me!
Underskirt: cotton blend
Fashion & Trends
Style this favorite tank for late summer and fall.
See all entries and vote.
See more prize details and how to enter...
Cool greys transition from summer to fall in a shirt dress, flowing maxi skirt, and new jackets.
8 patterns, a web seminar, and technique videos for sewing menswear.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.