Added Sep 7, 2010
I have been feeling a weirdly not creative for two or three days. The best way to get out of that, for me, was to use a TNT pattern, and a fabric that I love! Do you remember this dress? I made it for a wedding. I have decided to use the skirt pattern. It comes from the spring/summer Ottobre magazine. Although, I have made a few changes…
- I have cut an extra belt, and interfaced it. The skirt looks way neater that way, I think.
- There is also a full underskirt, basically, 2 big rectangles pleated at the belt.
- I used french seams for the underskirt, it was my first time.
- There is an invisible zipper on the side
- I have done my best at an invisible seam, but, as the fabric is too thick and as I pressed it, you can see it a little from the outside…
I feel like Laura Ingalls in that skirt, I just want to bow all the time while pulling the sides like a princess. It is so so playful!
For the progress on the skirt, anecdotes, and other posts coming from my weird brain, click me!
Underskirt: cotton blend
Check out Denise's new video and find out why you should sign up now!
Why you should wear clothing made to fit YOU! (In GIF's)
4 Week Online Course
Use Coupon Code: KNITS15 and Register for only $49.99!
Fashion & Trends
Vacation planned for the winter? Sew up these style to take away with you and also get 20% off!
We have just extended registration to accommodate a few more students
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.