Added Sep 7, 2010
I have been feeling a weirdly not creative for two or three days. The best way to get out of that, for me, was to use a TNT pattern, and a fabric that I love! Do you remember this dress? I made it for a wedding. I have decided to use the skirt pattern. It comes from the spring/summer Ottobre magazine. Although, I have made a few changes…
- I have cut an extra belt, and interfaced it. The skirt looks way neater that way, I think.
- There is also a full underskirt, basically, 2 big rectangles pleated at the belt.
- I used french seams for the underskirt, it was my first time.
- There is an invisible zipper on the side
- I have done my best at an invisible seam, but, as the fabric is too thick and as I pressed it, you can see it a little from the outside…
I feel like Laura Ingalls in that skirt, I just want to bow all the time while pulling the sides like a princess. It is so so playful!
For the progress on the skirt, anecdotes, and other posts coming from my weird brain, click me!
Underskirt: cotton blend
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.