The "Anne" blouse
Added May 16, 2013
Wellington, New ...
My first ever creation from a Burda Style magazine! Sewn up as part of the Burda Sew-along happening this month.
Pattern #122 from the October 2012 edition of Burda Style magazine.
I made a couple of changes – shortened the pattern by about 6 inches so I can wear it out over skirts. Ignored the instructions that (seemed to) indicate that the yoke pieces don’t get stitched together and instead stitched them together at the neckline so seam allowances don’t hang loose, and shortened the sleeves (because I didn’t have enough fabric for long sleeves, hah.)
Oh, and I used domes (snap fasteners) instead of buttons, because sewing with hammers is fun. And so is pretending you’re Superman when you’re getting changed at the end of the day.
If you’re interested, there are more details over on my blog
100% cotton (craft cotton weight)
Dome/snap fasteners instead of buttons