Added Aug 9, 2011
On end of September I’m invited at a wedding of a friend and I’m working at my dress!
This is a test version I realized with an old bed sheet. I realized the pattern by myself following a book that teaches how to draw patterns.
After completing it I realized I don’t like the skirt… it’s very different from the idea I had! Maybe I missed some pences, but there weren’t pences in the book description!
I’m going to modify the skirt part of the dress and also tune a bit the size of the bodice. The skirt will become shorter and with three gore flounces. Hope it will look nice…
Find more in my blog robygiup.splinder.com
old bed sheet
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.