Added Oct 15, 2009
I started with the original A-line skirt pattern, and decided to keep the front and back yoke as is.
then altered the rest.
I wanted a nice drapy detail in front.
I tried to figure out how it works the way I imagined by folding, cutting, and gluing the original pattern.
and of course by ‘trial and error’.
a simple project turned into a confusing frustrating project…
I was getting so consumed by it as it wasn’t coming together nicely.
I almost gave up. but I was persistent enough to finish it.
the black lacy lining is a separate piece that is made out of an upcycled material.
it became more like a tulip skirt…
hope it was okay to enter this to an A-line skirt contest…
satin, upcycled lining
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.