Added Jun 1, 2011
Millburn, New Je...
I had some left over twill- an odd sized piece that would amount to about 1/3 a yard- and I decided to experiment with the Ellen Pants pattern that I had tried before. I made some alterations to make a pair of short shorts by shortening the waistband, changing the back to have patch pockets, and slightly adjusting the taper of the inseam. They were made without front inset pockets as I had just barely enough fabric, and the closure is a hidden button at the waist.
They have been incredibly useful with a recent heat wave, and have been a great way to use up random bottom weight fabrics.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.