Tea Party? Garden Party? Covered.
Added Nov 23, 2011
A little while ago I was looking to buy a new dress, and stumbled across a beautiful piece by Bernie Dexter. Seeing as it was sold out with no intention of coming back, I decided I would somehow track down the fabric used and make myself a very happy girl.
Lo and behold! The fabric showed up in the following month’s catalogue for one of the companies that like to send me things in the mail. I had to buy a bolt (a whole bolt! That’s 7 metres and I have heaps left over!) and though I now possessed the print, it was about a year until I figured out what I was going to do with it.
Having found just enough cloud print fabric (though in a slightly off shade of blue, ce la vie) I decided to try out a new pattern I’d bought, Simplicity 3823. The pattern for me was a bit fiddly but came together nicely in the end.
I made a few alterations; shortened the waist, shortened the skirt, and left off the slip. I will definitely be making this dress style again, starting… now!
The first two pictures have a petticoat underneath, the third does not.
More info and pictures on my blog!
Quilting cotton, bias tape, ribbon, 2 × 1/2" buttons