Added Jan 17, 2010
Salem, Oregon, U...
Halloween 2009 my daughter and her boyfriend wanted to be Jane and Tarzan. I made Jane’s dress first. Using a heavy cotten linen fabric in a bright green floral. I simply cut a tube for it. Making sure it would be long enough to cover her torso to just above the knee. I sewed up just one side sewing darts at the bust and slightly fitting the waist in the back. then I cut the neckline into a bib apron style. I used scraps to braid a necklace, sewed a large medallion at the front and then sewed the necklace onto the bib front making it into a halter. Took a couple fittings to get the adjustments correct without using a zipper or any other closure. Tarzan was made using a similar linen fabric in brown. I laid it down on the table(on the fold) and guessing his measurements since he wasnt available, I cut a short mini skirt with a strap to go over his shoulder. This took adjustments too. He was smaller then I thought and it had to shortened and taken in twice. but when they put them on, we attacked the hemlines and cut them to shreds. since they are supposed to be primitive I did not finish any seams except the bust area of the dress for comfort.
heavy cotten blend, similar to linen weight. wash and wear fabric
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.