Added Jan 7, 2009
I made this headband as a xmas gift for my best friend. I was inspired by the How To written by Karencilla.
I purchased a plain headband at my local supply store and covered it with black satin binding left over from my very first Anda dress. I found the button at the bottom of an old tin can.
I am very happy with the result and think it looks, overall, quite expensive and fancy. I thank Karencilla for her how to: it was extremely helpful and I will definitely make more flowerpins and headbands using this system.
Taffeta, age-old button, satin binding, headband
How To by Karencilla:
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.