Added Sep 20, 2010
The cold season is coming and there is yet time to the delivery date. So I need a coat.
I used the pattern of the Talea coat.
I choosed my normaI size, but I sewed the side and dividing seams in the back with only 0,5 cm seam allowences.
I have put the back center in the fabric fold to get more comfort. I altered the front pieces in one insted of two, so that the coat will fit my growing belly (last picture).
Considering this changes (less seam allowences) I made a stand up collar out of the collar lapel. I lenghten it in the height and in the width so it will fit to the facing fold in the front.
For the hood I used the pattern from the Amy S. pullover. I choosed the biggest size and sewed a lining in it. At first I want to fix it with buttons on the collar but then I stitched it anyway … lazy me!
For closing the coat I used a zipper (look at my how to). Because I had not enough room for my grewing belly I had to fix the zipper out of the real center front. So I had no underlapping but I think it´s ok.
100% rayon (lining)
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.