Added Mar 14, 2009
So, I finally got up the courage to make my very own Talea. I found this great tweed wool and just fell in love. I knew it had to become a Talea – I’d been drooling over the pattern for months.
So, here’s my version. I left all the tabs and epaulets on – I really liked the military look. In hindsight I might have made the collar a little smaller, but I like it anyways.
I used Benediktas (sp?) google video to make a lining for it, because I wanted to be able to wear it in below zero weather, which I have, and it keeps me good and warm. Good ’ol Canada.
Other than that, it was incredibly fun to make. My machine had no problem with the material, even when I had multiple layers to deal with. The instructions were a little hard to follow because of the translation issues, so ***If anyone is attempting to do this and gets stuck – I know I got stuck on the collar for a bit – feel free to send me a message and I’ll do my best to walk you through it.
Wool, lining, interfacing, a bunch of buttons and lottts of thread.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.