Added Apr 4, 2014
♫ ♪ Sweet Harmony
I don’t know why it took me so long to sew another pair of shorts.. Maybe because I wanted to see how high waist shorts would look on me, and there was no pattern interesting enough to try.. After finding this crazy print fabric in remnant box I knew exactly how I wanted my new shorts to look.. I used pattern #111 from Burda 10/2010 and modified it by adding couple of cm as waistband.. In my experience, patterns for shorts from Burda are always a bit larger, and that’s why I cut it in size 34.. That was my only big mistake.. Luckily, I can put it on because the fabric is cotton with stretch.. It’s tight, but wearable.. There are details with turquoise piping at the waistband and front pockets.. Without piping, they would be invisible like back patch pockets that I added..
The shirt is made from scraps of fabric left from a dress.. The fabric is lightweight cotton, originally white with black stripes.. I dyed it in violet, more about that when I show you the dress.. I used a pattern form Burda 03/1989 (‘80s will have a comeback, and I’ll be ready for it!).. It’s a simple shirt, but since I didn’t have enough fabric, I made the front cropped.. I hemmed it with bias tape, because I didn’t want to lose more length.. That gave a nice detail to the shirt.. Another detail is on the sleeves.. It didn’t occur to me while I was sewing, but when I bend the ends of the sleeves there’s a little lining visible with stripes in the other direction..
We're wishing Meg a happy birthday with 50% off her favorite patterns.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
Sashes, drape, and a wrap cardigan in mauve for pretty fall days.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.