Added Aug 30, 2010
I used a pattern from Magic Cabin for the jointed baby doll. I am really pleased with how it turned out. I probably spent 10 hours on this one. The next shouldn’t take as long. I redid it a few times till I got it just right. I love the size b/c newborn clothes fit the dolly, which we have plenty of. I used bamboo yarn for the hair, which eventually pills.
The sling pattern is from the Maya Wrap website – altered to fit a baby doll. I found the rings at the Farmers Co-Op – sewn using the x box formation. The material is from an old oxford shirt.
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.