Added Feb 3, 2014
by Stelle H
This was made from Mccalls M6844, which is supposed to be a peplum cardigan made out of a stretchy knit material. It was the first time I’ve ever used a commercial non-pdf pattern and I quite liked the experience.
The material was a sweatshirt material from Joanns and I found it very difficult to work with. My sewing machine hated it and I ended up serging a lot of it together (for this reason the hems are only overlocked and I think I’m going to keep it that way because I like the look). Nevertheless, I’m really happy with how it looks and I plan on making another out of a Missoni type material – which will be much more fitting for the warm temperatures here.
Even though it is for a stretchy knit the fit is good – I cut a medium which was my envelope size.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.