Added Aug 1, 2009
by manu designs
Cluj Napoca, Rom...
- first sewn project for my portfolio, after three days of draping, sewing and painting (which i loved ;)) )
- the fabric is stretch satin used on the wrong side, ‘cos i didn’t want it to be shiny and i painted it with textile paint
- it has a white crinoline which i made out of about two meters of tulle
- the buttons are fake, ‘cos i didn’t want buttonholes, so the dress closes with hooks
- here’s the sketch of it: http://manu666tb.deviantart.com/art/Sunshine-122393872
stretch satin, textile paint
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.