Added Jun 4, 2013
Arroyo Grande, C...
I made this dress from a vintage sheet using a vintage pattern, Advance 9209. I made it in record time to wear on my trip to Disneyland last week (here I am posing by the Small World ride!). The pattern was originally for a pinafore (to be worn over a nightgown) so I altered it a bit to make it work as a sundress. I made my own bias tape for the trim.
You can see more pictures and info on my blog, Scavenger Hunt
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.